The Mahlkonig EK43 Coffee Grinder offers a range of features which help craft aromatic and flavorful coffee with unmatched performance and reliability. Its special shape has become an icon within the international barista scene and is a symbol of quality. It comes with 98mm grinding burrs, one of largest available in the market, which can grind up to 19-21 grams of coffee per second; ideal for use during the busiest hours in cafes. These premium burrs, made of cast steel, also create an even particle size distribution, which allows high extraction rates without altering the flavour profile of the coffee.
You can also easily adjust the grind size with a precise stepless grind setting adjuster. As a result, it is suitable for several applications, be it filter, espresso, or even Turkish-fine coffee grinding. Also allows you to grind spices, grain, poppy-seed and linseed with burrs and prebreakers available separately. Plus, the large 1.5kg beans hopper with enhanced durability allows you to handle peak hours in cafes easily.
How to use this coffee grinder:
- Fill the bean container with whole roasted espresso beans.
- Switch on the grinder by pressing the on/off switch.
- Adjust the grind size using the stepless grind setting adjuster. The pointer on the hand wheel displays the current grinding degree on the grinding degree scale.
- Start grinding by pulling out the sliding valve. The grinder will grind the filled volume of coffee beans.
- The grinding finishes as soon as the grinder is idling and no grinding noises are audible.
- Close the bean container by pushing in the sliding valve.
Care and Use:
- Do not lift the grinder by the bean container; lift it only by the casing and always use both hands.
- Do not immerse the grinder, the power cable or the power plugin water or any other liquids.
- Clean beans container every day to remove any coffee oil residue, as this can have a negative effect on the taste.
- Wipe the housing and the drip tray with a damp cloth as necessary, but at least once a week.
- Do not use any harsh cleaning products or any sharp or metallic cleaning objects such as knives, metal scouring pads that can scratch the surface.
- Do not put the spill tray or the bean container into the dishwasher.
Mahlkonig is renowned for high quality professional grinders all over the world. Its coffee grinders guarantee highest coffee quality possible and provide truly unique tastes experiences.
A revolutionary grinder in the coffee industry! Originally intended for grinding spices but now a mainstay in the best coffee shops (and epic home barista setups!) across the world.
- Outstanding particle size spreads feature high extraction rates and the best possible taste
- Premium cast steel burrs
- Robust grinder with high grinding capacity
- Suitable for different applications: filter, espresso, or turkish fine coffee grinding
- Grinding of other grists such as spices, grain, poppy-seed and linseed is possible with individual burrs
- Easy and precise grind adjustment
*Depends on the grinding goods and the chosen degree of fineness.
All measured values under laboratory conditions. Other electric specifications are available on request. Subject to change without prior notice.